Before we get into to today’s post, I wanted to take a second to wish you all a very Happy Valentine’s Day! No matter if you’re celebrating with a significant other, a gal pal or your family, I hope you are able to give (and receive) a little love from those you care about.
I actually didn’t realize until now, but this smoothie would be perfect to make today since it’s pink…you could even cut the blood orange into little hearts which would be SO cute. However, the reason why I made this smoothie and am obsessed with it isn’t that it’s pink, it’s because it is packed with mood and immune-boosting vitamin C that makes you feel amazing from the inside out.
I actually attended a Sunkist Citrus event last night and am amped up on all things citrus right now. If you didn’t know, citrus is currently in peak season so it is such a great time to stock up on fruits like blood oranges and Cara Cara oranges that can’t be found all year round. It always surprises me when I hear that a fruit I wouldn’t normally think would be in season in the middle of winter is, but I like to think of it as a little gift that Mother Nature gives us to put a little pep in our step during the cold, dark months. This smoothie has literally been saving my mood this week and it will definitely be in heavy rotation for the next month or so.
- 1 Blood Orange
- 1 Cara Cara Navel Orange (or any other navel orange)
- 1 Banana, peeled, chopped and frozen
- Hand full of strawberries, sliced and frozen
- 1/2-1 cup homemade or store bought almond milk
- Make sure to freeze banana and strawberries prior to making your smoothie
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend, blend, blend!
- Serve with a slice of blood orange and enjoy!