Truth be told I’m not really the “going out type”. I prefer a few drinks out with girlfriends or a small get together in the comfort or own home, so it should come as no surprise that our New Year’s Eve is also kept pretty low-key. Last year Jamie and I stayed in the sweetest B&B for New Year’s Eve, which could not have been a better experience, but other than that our New Year’s plans typically consist of getting dressed up and heading out to a nice dinner. One tradition that I have implemented over the years is making a signature cocktail that we can sip on while getting ready. Admittedly, when I started doing this a few years ago my concoctions were more of an experiment and didn’t always turn out (sorry to all that had to drink them!). This year however I’ve found the perfect cocktail thanks to Ocean Spray® that I know everyone will enjoy. As mentioned in a earlier post, I love cranberries and Ocean Spray® cranberry juice is no exception. Normally I enjoy it alone or mixed with soda water or ginger ale but for New Year’s Eve I decided to make a batch of ginger syrup and pop the bubbly. This cocktail is extremely easy to make and requires no shaking or blending, just set aside an hour or so to make the ginger syrup and add the remaining ingredients in to your glass. Cheers to 2017!
- 1/2 Oz. Ginger Syrup
- 2 oz Ocean Spray® Cranberry Cocktail
- Chilled prosecco or champagne
- Fresh cranberries, washed and dried
- Crystallized ginger
- Bring 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of ginger to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and allow the mixture to sit for about 20 minutes. Strain mixture into a jar and chill.
- Add ginger syrup and Ocean Spray® Cranberry Cocktail into a coupe or champagne glass, top with prosecco or champagne.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and crystallized ginger
Thank you to Ocean Spray® for partnering on this post, all opinions are my own.