I’ve been slowly trying to showcase more all natural or mostly all natural beauty products here on The Blondielocks because I am realizing now more than ever, that everything I put on my body truly does get absorbed in to it. Even though Imay not be use 100% organic/natural products all of the time, I like to at least be conscious and aware of what I am using and make changes slowly and accordingly. I’m going to be starting to spotlight specific brands that I love in a new series starting soon, but for now here are 15 all natural or mostly all natural beauty products that I love and use regularly.
1. Burt’s Bees’ Coconut Foot Cream: Coconut is one of my favorite smells so it’s no surprise that I fell head over heels (pun intended) for this foot cream. The consistency of this cream is actually more of a gel meets paste type of substance so I make sure to use it strictly in the evenings before bed as it can be a little goopy for daily use. I put a pair of socks on after the cream and when I wake up in the morning my feet are as soft and supple as ever.
2. Perk Pucker Up Lip Scrub: Every day after I brush my teeth I make it a point to give my lips a little love. I love this Perk lip scrub for its sweet taste and for the fact that I’m not afraid to accidentally ingest it. The bright pink colour is always fun to see when I open up the tin and I absolutely love how soft and tingly my lips feel afterwards.
3. Kaia Juicy Bamboo Cleansing Cloths: I’ll admit, I do use the Simple Skincare cleansing wipes most days to remove my makeup prior to cleansing, but previous to that I really enjoyed using these vitamin packed cleansing cloths by Kaia Naturals. They are both a makeup remover and a cleanser and are chock-full of healthy oils like jojoba, honey and vitamins B12, E and C.
4. One Love Organics Healthy Locks Dry Shampoo: I wash my hair once every 2-3 days so a dry shampoo that works in between washes is crucial to my daily beauty routine. Though I sometimes mix this powder formula with an aerosol dry shampoo by Redken (not all natural) I find that the powder formula of this dry shampoo does the trick for the most part. I shake some on top of roots, let it set about 5 minutes and then disperse the product using both my fingers and a comb. I also really like that this dry shampoo has a subtle, light and refreshing scent.
5. Phillip Adam Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo: When I was in college I would always give myself an apple cider vinegar rinse a couple of times a week after shampooing and before conditioning. Though I did find my hair to be ultra soft and shiny afterwards, I gave up on it after a while because it was time consuming and the smell was extremely pungent. When I found this shampoo I was immediately taken back to my apple cider vinegar rinse days so I figured I’d give it a try. I like this shampoo for the cleansing effect it has on my hair (there is one ingredient that isn’t all natural to help the product foam) and how shiny and soft my hair is after use, the smell is also lovely. I do highly recommend using a strong detangling conditioner after use because it does tend to make my hair knotty.
6. Henné Organics Luxury Lip Balm: This lip balm made it on my monthly beauty favorites a couple of months ago and is still my go-to choice when I need a moisturizer for my lips…which is quite often during the winter months. I always rub a small amount of this on after I scrub my lips with the Perk exfoliant, let it sink in and then apply my lipstick if I’m wearing some on that particular day.
7. Perk Lavender and Lemon Body Scrub: Though I truly do love everything in the Perk collection, this lavender lemon scrub has to be one of my favorites. I usually use this scrub in the evening during a bath because I enjoy the calming and soothing effect that the lavender flowers and oil lend. The lemon essentials oil in the scrub is also great for lifting up my spirits after a long day.
8. Vitruvi Aromatherapy Oils: Vitruvi has an aromatherapy oil for everything you can imagine from focus to balance, wake and sleep. They all smell very therapeutic and all really help aid in whatever reason you are using them for.
9. Gold Apothecary Bath Citrus Eucalyptus Sea Salt Soak: Baths used to be something that I found way to time consuming and a place I could never truly relax. In the last year however, I’ve found a regular bath to become somewhat of a ritual for me, probably in part because of this amazing salt soak that is simply the perfect accompaniment to my bath. The smell of eucalyptus alone is sure to put me in seriously zen state and I just love how luxurious my skin feels afterwards.
10. By Rosie Jame Perfumes (Leila Lou & James): I’ve talked about my love for the By Rosie Jane brand before and that is simply because it is wonderful. I use Leia Lou during the spring and summer months because of its bright and floral scent (pear, jasmine and fresh-cut grass) and James during the fall and winter as I find it off a more sensual and mysterious scent that I attribute to the colder months, think fig, amber and gardenia.
11. Malin + Goetz Vitamin B5 Body Moisturizer: This moisturizer isn’t 100% natural but I put it on my list because in the summer my skin went a little nuts on me and decided to break out in an itchy, unexplainable rash that I now attribute to stress. Whatever the case this moisturizer was the only thing that I could put on my skin that wouldn’t irritate it. In fact, every time I used it my skin felt soothed, calm and extremely hydrated, especially after shaving.
12. Burt’s Bees’ Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream: Giving myself at home manicures’ is something I find to be fun and relaxing. Although I don’t have time to do the whole shebang that often, when I do I always make it a point to reach for this lemon butter cuticle cream. The consistency is thick and creamy and melts into my cuticles’ and nails easily and leaves them feeling super nourished.
13. Ilia “Around The World” Lipstick: Purple can be an intimidating shade to wear on the lips but I’ve found this Ilia lipstick to work really well with my skin tone, I think that it probably has something to do with the rose-coloured base and the lighter lavender undertone, but whatever the reason I really like how it looks on my lips.
14. Agent Nateur Holi(stick) Deodorant: For a while I was using Schmidt’s all natural deodorant and although I did like it I found the scooping out and rubbing it on my underarms to be annoying. When Blossom Lounge received the Agent Nateur Holi(stick) Deodorant I was immediately drawn to the packaging, scent and the fact that I didn’t have to use my fingertips to apply it. It also works very well in case you were wondering.
15. Provence Apothecary Detoxifying and Clarifying Face Mask: I picked a tester of this mask up at Whole Foods about a month ago and ever since using it I have been meaning to go pick up a bottle. This mask is in a powder formula which means that it has to be mixed with water then mixed into a paste, but the effort is worth it. The smell reminded me of the ocean in Nova Scotia and the tightening and cleansing effect that I immediately felt on my skin was seriously impressive. I think this mask would be an all natural winner for helping clear up some of my stubborn acne.