Canada Day is almost here and whether you’re planning on spending a fun day soaking up the sun at the beach or simply staying in to celebrate, these Canadian flag-inspired strawberry and cream popsicles are the ideal recipe to whip up! These popsicles require only 3 ingredients and while they do take a bit of time as you need to allow each layer to freeze individually, they are so worth the effort in my opinion. I love fresh, frozen strawberries and when combined with frozen whipped cream? Man are you in for a treat! Happy (almost) Canada Day friends!
- 1 quart strawberries, washed and sliced in half
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tbsp sugar, divided
- Blend strawberries and half of the sugar you divided until the strawberries are fully blended (smoothie texture)
- Fill 1/3 of your popsicle mold with the fresh strawberry mixer, place popsicle stick in the mold and move to the freezer for 1 hour.
- After the hour is up, remove from the freezer, mix remaining sugar with whipping cream and fill the next 1/3 of your popsicle mold with whipping cream. Place the molds back in the freezer for another hour.
- Finally, remove from freezer and top your molds with the remaining strawberry mixture and move back into the freezer for at least 1 more hour until your popsicles are set.
- Alternatively, you can mix the strawberries and cream to create a swirl popsicle, but I really like how the "Canadian Flag" looks.