Today begins the start of a new series all about gifts specific to the three of the topics I cover here on The Blondielocks (fashion, food, and home). I wanted to start with gifts for the fashion lover because a lot of the gifts I have chosen are collaborations with other designers, meaning that you might want to pick these up sooner rather than later because we all know how the fashion world goes crazy over a good collaboration! Shopping for the fashion girl in your life does not have to be an overwhelming ordeal. In fact, and hopefully I am not just speaking for myself, we will like anything that sparkles, is unique and that will look good not only on our bodies, but can also be put out on display for us to stare at and admire! Check out the stylish items and the reasons why I picked them below!
1. Gold Sequin Ball Ornament- $3.95/each: Remember when I said us fashion girls loved sparkle? Well these gold sequins ball ornaments are the perfect (and affordable) stocking stuffer or gift. They would be just as perfect on a tree as they would be placed in an ornamental bowl during or after the holidays!
2. Juicy Couture Rhinestone Linear Earrings-$63: These are the perfect pair earrings for the holidays. Whether you are dressing up a plain white t-shirt and jeans, or need a statement piece to accent your chignon hairstyle on New Years, these shades of turquoise and emerald drop earrings couldn’t be more beautiful if they tried!
3. Gold Dot Scarf– $28: Every fashion girl wants to look their best in the cold, and sometimes finding those perfect layering pieces can be tough! Cold winter accessories that are chic are the fashion lovers best friend. Did I mention that she will also love you for thinking of a practical yet stylish gift? Because most likely she didn’t (she was probably too busy purchasing something trendy and impractical).
4. Vanity Fair 100 Years Book- $44: A seriously stylish and sleek coffee table book. Vanity Fair 100 Years is an ode to all things that made Vanity Fair what it is today. “from the jazz age to our age”, this hardcover book will take you on the fashion ride of your life. Featuring the most iconic photographers, artists and illustrators of our time, give the gift of fashion history through Vanity Fairs eyes.
5. Alice and Oliva X Starbucks Ceramic Mug- $19.95: If you haven’t yet seen this all over instagram, you will now! The mug of the season is also a practical yet stylish gift. With black and white stripes and a removable tutu, the Alice & Oliva mug is playful and sensible just like designer Stacy Bendet. But watch out, this mug is sold out online, so hurry into your local Starbucks to see if you can scoop one up!
6. Rebecca Minkoff “life of the party” Coin Purse- $70: Rebecca Minkoff is a staple designer in many fashion lovers closets. This coin purse is a perfect stocking stuffer for the outgoing, outspoken fashion girl in your life. The gold saying really stands out against the royal blue leather background, and it is the perfect size for fitting into the mini mac your fashion friend or family member probably already has!
7. Jason Wu X Lancome Eye Shadow palette $54: This pretty eyeshadow palette is a collaboration between the iconic Lancome brand and one of the hottest designers out there right now (if Michel Obama says he’s good, then he’s good)! Inspired by Jason Wu’s Fall 2013 runway collection, this palette is full of beautiful colours that can be worn together or separately, and is great if you are looking for an affordable piece from Jason Wu.
8. Man Repeller X Superga Velvet High Top sneakers $153: Every one of my fashion friends is obsessed with the blogger The Man Repeller. And if you have a fashion loving person in your life, I’m sure you have heard them mention their man-repellent outfit, or arm party, you can thank Leandra Medine for that! To further encourage your fashion lovers obsession for Leandra, I highly suggest a pair of these blue velvet Supurga X Man Repeller high tops. If your fashion lover is a little more The Blonde Salad than The Man Repeller then you might want to give this option a try instead.
9. Isabel Marant for H&M Party Dress- $129: One of the most hyped about collaborations of 2013 was the Isabel Marant pour H&M collection. Although I didn’t take part in it myself, there were some very brave people who did. One of the pieces that really stood out to me was this gathered silk dress. It is a perfect option for a holiday party or for new years eve. I did see a rack of them still at the Eaton Centre location the other day, so if you think this might be a fitting gift for your fashion lover then don’t walk, run to your local H&M!
10. Kate Spade Gold Dot Agenda- : Unfortunately, in the short amount of time between creating this gift guide and posting it, this adorable gold dot Kate Spade Agenda sold out. However, if you click on the link it will redirect you to an equally fashionable agenda. Every one in the fashion industry needs to keep all of their events in order, so why not do so in style with an agenda jam packed with fashion illustrations?