Going into this motherhood gig for the second time around, I can honestly say I feel a whole lot more prepared. With Edwin, everything felt so new (as expected) and overwhelming as I didn’t even know how to change a diaper let alone what my favourite baby products were going to be. Those early days with a newborn are stressful and tiring enough, so things like what to buy for your baby shouldn’t be. Thankfully, now that I feel more equipped, I am confident to share this little list of essentials all available at Best Buy. What’s even better is that they are all currently on sale so if you were waiting to splurge on the bassinet of your dreams or needing to pick up a baby monitor, now is the time to do it! Keep reading to see my top picks from the Best Buy sale and why I feel like they’re must-haves and head on over to bestbuy.ca to see all of the latest and greatest gear for babies and children on sale now!
*=Will all be on sale over the next 3 weeks
- VTech 5″ Video Baby Monitor with Night Vision and Zoom/Pan/Tilt:* Currently, we use this camera for our toddler when we can’t always be in the same room as him (cooking, cleaning, work, etc.). However, when our newborn arrives, we will be moving this camera into our bedroom to keep watch over the baby when he’s sleeping (which will hopefully be a lot). There is nothing like having peace of mind when it comes to your child’s safety, so having a trusty camera like this option from Vtech is a no brainer. I love this camera for its ease of use, range capabilities, and price point but there is also an option with a built-in night light for those late-night diaper changes and feedings.
- Harmony Play & Go Complete Play Yard: An item that I mulled back and forth over when I was pregnant with Edwin was a play yard. We ended up deciding against one, but I ALWAYS wished that I hadn’t, especially when we would travel. This play yard specifically is a great price and offers many features like a change pad, bassinet and toy bar to entertain little ones. It’s also lightweight which makes it great for travel. If you’re tight on space in your home, this could even be a great option to use as a bassinet/change station in those early days. When your baby gets a little older the play yard can be used to contain baby and their play while you need to get some work accomplished.
- Sealy Natural Luxury GREENGUARD-Certified 2-Stage Premium Innerspring Crib Mattress: A crib mattress isn’t something you necessarily need right away if you plan on using a bassinet. However, they can be a pricy investment, so the Best Buy sale is the perfect time to pick up a high-quality mattress for a great price. This mattress has been greenguard certified which means no harsh chemicals were used in the making of the product. I also love that this Sealy mattress has a softer side for newborns and a firmer side for toddlers.
- Ergobaby Omni 360 Four Position Baby Carrier*: There are so many baby carriers on the market but one that the one that I am eager to try is this option by Ergobaby. Aside from the adorable starry sky print, this carrier is easy to get on and off, can be used in multiple different ways, and offers lumbar support which is ideal for those early postpartum days when your back is aching, to say the least. This carrier can also be used from newborn all the way up to 45 pounds which means you’ll be getting a ton of use out of this product.
- Wellworks Infrared Ear & Forehead Digital Thermometer: During my beginning as a new mom I was constantly on guard for changes in my son’s health. Any little cough or sneeze and I was pulling out the thermometer to check out little guys temperature. Sometimes checking a baby’s (and a toddlers) temperature via the ear isn’t so easy so I am 100% picking up this no contact, 1-second reading thermometer. Not only is it a newborn essential but it will make life a whole lot easier for years to come.
- Philips Avent Baby Bottle Warmer, 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer & Glass Bottle Gift Set*: Edwin was an exclusively breastfed baby, who only accepted a bottle a few times (not by choice). I am by no means a bottle expert, but I know that Phillps Avent bottles are very highly recommended by mothers that do bottle feed. We had a few bottle options we tried on Edwin and these bottles were actually the only ones he’d accept. I love that this set includes glass bottles over plastic, the bottle warmer (which we used when we tried to offer a bottle), and an electric steam sterilizer which gets so much use in those first few months.
- HALO BassiNest Swivel Sleeper Premiere Bassinet*: This bassinet was on my list for baby #1, but we ultimately ended up going in a different direction. I told myself that if I have another baby, I will most definitely be going with the Halo BassiNest. I am already so excited to have this bassinet in our home and after setting it up recently, things started to feel so real! I already love how easily this bassinet swivels in and out so I can easily bring our new baby into bed with me. The sidewall also lowers so that I can easily pick baby up, and the soothing sounds and vibrations will definitely aid in helping our little drift off to sleep. This bassinet, typically on the pricier side, is 100% a must-have item to be picked up during the Best Buy sale.
*Will all be on sale over the next 3 weeks
This post was proudly brought to you by Best Buy