I am a huge proponent for sending out Christmas cards to my loved ones near and far each year. Even if I get to see them on Christmas, I still believe that the extra thought and effort that goes into writing hand written Christmas cards and mailing them out is a special tradition that I want to see carried out in my family for years to come. Last year and this year I made it a point to purchase locally made cards from some of my absolute favorite paperies around Canada. I do buy some of my cards in bulk (#6) but I also really like to find cards that I think play to each individuals personality, like the nog nog card for my aunt who loves to cook and bake. Here are 12 of my favorite local Christmas cards.
1. But for real, what is a sugar plum? Sea + Lake Paper Co.
2. Gold foil Noel + pink = the perfect girlie Christmas card. The Penny Paper Co.
3. I love a good “nog nog” joke, and there’s even a recipe on the back! Made in Brockton Village
4. How cute are these singing foxes? Made in Brockton Village
5. A cozy winter cabin card that I want to live in this Christmas. Flakes Paperie
6. This newly launched paperie is on my one to watch list with her beautiful designs. Hubbub Paper Co.
7. Classic Christmas tree lot on a card? I’ll take it! Flakes Paperie
8. Jingle bells spelled out in gold foil lyrics. The Penny Paper Co.
9. A stunning watercolour painting of Toronto, suitable for sending to loved ones far away. Gotamago
10. This Deke the Halls card is very fitting for the hockey player in your life. Gotamago
11. It’s definitely the rum and eggnog making me jolly this season. Sea + Lake Paper Co.
12. Peace, love, joy and elastic pants are very important around the holidays. I’ll know It When I See It