In lieu of last weeks post where I showed you all about taking off my make up by reviewing Almay’s new line of makeup removers, I figured I would now show you how I put it all back on. I really don’t wear that much makeup, but I definitely do love what I use and have a routine with certain products that I have stuck with for the past few years. They have always worked for me and I am excited to share them with you!
1. Marcelle Anti Aging BB Cream with SPF 20: I have tried a few BB creams but this one is the best I have come across! Not that I need an anti aging potion just yet, but the other BB cream by Marcelle does not have SPF so I compromised. The Marcelle BB cream goes on smoothly, covers all discolouration and spots, and because you only need one pump, it lasts forever!
2. Benefit Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer: This concealer is amazing for getting rid of the last bits of redness, tired eyes and blemishes! I smooth a small amount of it on with my fingertip and it works like a charm!
3. Benefit Hello Flawless Powder: Although this is a powder foundation, I use it with just a powder brush for sealing my makeup and keeping my skin from becoming oily to quickly. It gives nice, sheer coverage and it’s also a great product on its own if I am running late and just want a quick fix!
1. Smashbox Baked Fusion Soft Lights in Baked Starburst: I like this bronzer because it defines my cheekbones and leaves subtle colour and glow to my face because of the light pink shimmer colours. It goes on lightly so I don’t look over bronzed.
2. Dior Glowing Powder Blush in Pink in Love: I really love the idea of bright pink cheeks. This colour duo is great either together or on their own, and I like that I can choose how dramatic I want my blush to look.
3. Benefit High Beam: Although I don’t use this on a daily basis I do use it when I want to enhance my cheek bones and give my face that extra illumination factor. I love to wear it when I know I will be in a dark room because it makes my skin really glow.
1. MAC Eyebrow Pencil: This is probably my favourite makeup took ever! A friend introduced me to it last year and I haven’t looked back! Eyebrows are so important for defining your face and because this pencil is so thin it is super easy to precisely colour in my eyebrows! The colour matching is also amazing!
2. Benefit They’re Real Mascara: Clearly I love Benefit products! This mascara has to be the greatest eye lash invention of all time! I previously used Benefits Bad Gal lash but swapped out for They’re Real when a benefit makeup artist suggested I try it. I knew I had long lashes before this stuff, but after using it, look out!
3. Urban Decay Naked Palette 1: I definitely don’t wear eye shadow everyday, but when I do the Naked Palette is my go-to. I love the countless ways I can mix and match the colours and it always looks super natural!