Imagine you’ve just ordered a drink “on the rocks” at a cocktail bar. The bartender quickly whips up your cocktail but becomes distracted and forgets to bring it over to you. When it arrives, you’ve been served a less than chilled drink and a whole bunch of disappointment. Sucks right? Of course it does, but we all know that your no ice dilemma can easily be fixed. But what if it wasn’t as simple as adding some fresh ice from the freezer into your glass? What if you didn’t have the choice to top up on ice once the first round had melted? Unfortunately, this is how our polar bears feel every.single.day (minus the cocktail part). Now, I’m not one to get political here on my blog but I do love the animals, and polar bears just so happen to be one of my favourite. I for one cannot imagine a world where polar bears don’t exist, and I’m hoping you feel the same. So, in honor of Polar Bear Day on the 27th* I’ve partnered up with Polar Ice Vodka to share a delicious cocktail recipe and their new limited edition bearless bottles in support of Polar Bears International. I love that Polar Ice removed the iconic polar bear from their bottles, it makes such a bold yet scary statement and is one that I can get behind 100%. The cocktail I’ve made today is a vegan spin on the classic White Russian. I simply replaced the cream with coconut milk and added vanilla bean to create a sweet spin on the drink. I also created sphere shaped ice cubes for the cocktail to represent the arctic ice. I hope you guys enjoy it and can appreciate the message behind this post while doing so. Cheers!
*On February 27th I’ll be sharing a photo from this post on my Instagram feed in support of Polar Bear Day. For every like, comment and share Polar Ice will donate $1 up to $500 to Polar Bears International.
- 1oz Polar Ice 90 Degrees North bearless bottle
- 1/2oz coffee flavoured liquor
- 1 can coconut milk (you will only need 2 ½ oz for the cocktail)
- 1 vanilla bean
- In a bowl, whisk together coconut milk and vanilla bean until combined
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice add Polar Ice Vodka, coffee liquor and coconut milk mixture
- Shake until the cocktail shaker becomes cold (about 10 seconds)
- Strain into a glass over a sphere shaped ice cube
- Garnish with a flower like I did here or vanilla bean
This post was brought to you by Polar Ice Vodka