When I was a child I remember I would go to a restaurant, immediately start flipping through the cocktail menu and fawn over all of the pretty looking drinks that I wasn’t allowed to have. My mom would almost always get me a Shirley Temple or a Berry Lemonade so that I could pretend that I was sipping on a “grown up drink.” Since those days I have realized that although the cocktails on those menus looked delicious they were almost always full of sugar and made from a pre-made mix which is a huge no for me. Of course I am a huge fan of hand crafted cocktails but for this drink I decided to remind myself of just how good those childhood mocktails were and left out the alcohol. This Simply Berry inspired mocktail is so refreshing for summer and when mixed with fresh berries, lemon and mint it puts a little (non-alcoholic) spring in my step.
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- Handfull of fresh berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup Simply Berry Juice
- sparkling water to top
- In a glass or mason jar add fresh berries, mint and lemon juice
- Gently muddle the mixture until all ingredients are combined
- Add ice and top with Simply Berry juice and sparkling water
- Optional: You may also want to strain the berries and mint out of the glass before adding ice, juice and sparkling water if you aren't a fan of seeds or mint in your drink.