Very excited to share my second contributor’s post to The Comfortable House blog, the blood orange margarita! Click here to read a bit more about this delicious, springtime cocktail and for the full recipe.
Blood Orange Margarita
Write a review
- 4 large blood oranges
- 3 limes
- 3 tsp agave nectar
- 3 oz tequila
- 1 ½ oz triple sec
- salt + lime for rim
- Garnish with dehydrated blood orange*
- Juice blood oranges and limes over a mesh strainer to ensure there is no pulp in your cocktail.
- Add agave syrup, tequila, and triple sec.
- In a blender, add the mixture plus 1 cup of ice to start. Blend fully and add more ice if needed, blend until a slushy texture is formed.
- You can serve immediately by rimming a glass with salt but I prefer to place the mixture in the freezer for 1 hour before serving time so it’s really slushy, almost dessert-like!
- *For the dehydrated blood orange simply cut thin slices of 1 blood orange and place them on a baking sheet in the oven at the lowest setting for around 6 hours (mine was 170 degrees). I like to do this the night before so I have plenty of time to allow the oranges to fully dehydrate.
The Blondielocks | Life + Style http://www.theblondielocks.com/