Never one to shy away from a delicious drink, I was thrilled when my friends at Maman offered to share the recipe for one of their most popular cocktails, Le Vert.
Similar to a classic margarita but with a matcha powder and cucumber syrup twist, this tart meets sweet cocktail is both delicious, refreshing and very beautiful to look at. Though the cucumber syrup takes some time to whip up, the rest of this cocktail is straight forward to make and a cinch to put together. The end result of this gorgeous green cocktail couldn’t be better and I’m so excited to share the recipe with you today. But please be warned, these cocktails go down as easy as one of Maman’s famous nutty chocolate chip cookies…so watch yourself!
PS: The best Madeleine recipe in collaboration with Maman last fall.
- Glassware : short rocks glass
- Cucumber Syrup: Blitz one cucumber and 12 Oz of simple syrup together in a blender and filter through a sieve several times
- 1⁄2 Oz Cucumber Syrup
- 3⁄4 oz Lime Juice
- 1/2 Oz Green Chartreuse
- 1 1/2 Oz Tromba Tequila Blanco
- Matcha salt (Fine salt with one tea spoon of matcha powder)
- With a lemon/lime wedge, rub one side of the glass
- Roll the glass into the matcha salt
- In a shaker add the lime juice, the cucumber syrup, the green Chartreuse, and the tequila.
- Shake for 15 seconds
- Add 2-3 ice cubes in the glass depending on size
- Double strain into the glass