In case you haven’t noticed, I have been on one heck of a lavender kick lately.
Ever since making lavender meringues a couple of weeks ago, and enjoying a lavender inspired dessert menu at Dessert Lady, I have been dreaming of new ways I can incorporate lavender into desserts. Enter lavender affogatos. Natrel recently sent over some of their new Natrel to-go milk products which included lactose free milks (great for lactose intolerant milk lovers) and these delicious single serve iced coffee beverages. Created in collaboration with java u these coffee beverages contain 100% Arabica coffee extract and milk from Canadian dairy farms. Let me tell you, they are good…so good in fact that I was drinking them straight out of the container while setting up these photos, haha! Because they are so convenient I wanted to make a dessert that was equally as easy to serve up as these beverages are to drink! In my opinion there is nothing quite as satisfying as a big scoop of ice cream on a hot summer day. When paired with coffee and lavender you have the most delicious dessert that not only tastes incredible but looks very elegant. Lavender in and of itself can be a very overpowering ingredient, so by simply rimming the glasses with dried edible lavender I was able to have as much or as little of the floral flavour as I wanted making these desserts the perfect summer option that can be served in a pinch thanks to Natrel.
1. ¼ cup simple Syrup
2. 1 tbsp. dried edible lavender
3. Vanilla ice cream of your choice
4. Natrel Iced Coffee (Latte Coffee or Iced Mocha)
1. Add simple syrup to a bowl and spread lavender onto a plate. Dip your glass into the simple syrup and place it directly into the lavender to rim your glass.
2. Add a big scoop of vanilla ice cream into your glass
3. Top with Natrel Iced Coffees to go in either Latte Coffee or Iced Mocha
This post was in partnership with Natrel, all opinions are my own.