Last spring I was invited to the One Of A Kind Show for the first time. I had actually never heard about it, which is a very surprising to me, because when I lived in Halifax, craft shows and the Sunday market were something of a tradition. After experiencing the amazing OOAKS last spring, I was thrilled to be invited back to view the Christmas show. It was just as great as I remembered, but better because of the ongoing Christmas theme. There was a huge workshop with sayings from classic Christmas songs, and so many vendors selling great gift ideas. I wanted to give you a little taste of what the show has to offer, so I have rounded up 5 booths that I think are a must see. I was at the show from 9-12 and only managed to get through half of the vendors, because there were SO MANY. In all honestly I could have probably put 50 must see’s on this list, but I figured I’d let you go check out The One Of for yourself!
- Love Fresh: I have been a huge fan of Love Fresh since being introduced to it this summer at Blossom Lounge. Owner, Stacey Davis makes natural products that smell good enough to eat (honestly, the vanilla smells like the best frosting ever)! The packaging is also gorgeous, so I knew her booth would be just as beautiful. I picked up the new 100% natural, Eucalyptus Spearmint deodorant for sensitive skin, and I have been using non-stop, I just love it and Love Fresh!
- Tealish: I am not a huge specialty tea drinker; I have an orange pekoe tea every morning, but that’s usually it. During the media breakfast, we were treated to two teas by Tealish. I enjoyed the Ginger Sparkle at breakfast, and then headed over to the Tealish booth to try the Toasty Almond, which I loved! It tasted like a freshly baked apple pie, with a delicious nutty aftertaste. I could have drunk the entire supply of their Toasty Almond tea that day. Tealish is a must try!
- Made In Brockton Village: I am always on the lookout for special cards throughout the year, so it was no surprise that the Made In Brockton Village booth caught my eye immediately. I was first drawn to the beautifully set up gallery wall with green polka dot wallpaper, and the white shelving that hosted beautifully illustrated cards. I picked up 6 Christmas cards with the loveliest designs, but I was equally smitten with the prints and calendars.
- Leikey Designs: For someone who is far from being a mom (except for a puppy mom), it was surprising to me how excited I got about these handmade needle felted toys. The little owls and bee’s nests were just adorable, and I’ll admit, I was picturing my future childs nursery stocked with these toys on shelves. For now, I think they would a great gift for the little ones in my life.
- Eleven Thirty:As soon as I saw the beautiful leather bags at the Eleven Thirty booth, I was hooked. The rich colors and contrasting leather and animal hide fabrics were to die for, and the styles from the backpacks to the bucket bags were so unique. One of these handmade bags are definitely on my wish list this year.