Happy Canada Day everyone! I was planning on taking a little blogging break today but since this Strawberry Shortcake is just so easy and appropriate for Canada Day I decided that I had to share! My mom always made my sisters and I Strawberry Shortcake growing up so every time I eat it I am transported right back to my childhood. Of course the strawberry shortcake I remember eating was a little bit less elevated than this but because I didn’t make this shortcake from scratch I figured the perfect way to make it a bit more special was to serve it in a jar. It also mimics the Canadian flag, so how could I not? I hope you all have a fantastic Canada Day!
- Store bought angel cake, or homemade
- local, organic strawberries
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Finally dice strawberries, and angel food cake. Construct the cake by layering strawberries first, then angel cake and strawberries again.
- Mix together cream, vanilla and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Add the whipped cream into a piping bag with a large star tip.
- Top the strawberry short cake with fresh whipped cream and a strawberry.