If there was ever a week that I could say was my laziest, I think that this one would be it. For the past few days I have been cooped at home finishing up last minute assignments for school, and the only time that I have left was for evening classes and one amazing event hosted by Revlon at Tips Nail Bar. I can’t wait to share what the event was all about with you in January! Today I’m heading out to do some Christmas shopping and then it’s right back home to start cleaning, packing and organizing blog posts before it’s time to go back to Halifax, which in case you didn’t know, IS SO SOON! Can you tell I’m getting excited!?
If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen this picture that I posted earlier in the week. The picture was of my slight obsession with pink that I hadn’t realized I had until it was pointed out to me by a classmate. I guess when you have a problem you don’t realize it until it is noticed by someone else, and so now I have no excuse…here it goes…my name is Kaylee and I am a pinkoholic. However, there is an upside to this obsession because pink looks amazing in the winter. It will brighten up any outfit and mood in a flash and throwing a pop of pink on during a cold, dreary winter day looks unexpected and striking, especially against a black and white shirt.
For this weeks gift guide I have come up with a list of 10 items for the home lover in your life. When I say “home lover” I am talking about the person in your life who loves to not only to decorate and keep a beautiful looking home, but also the person who loves to spend time there. If you love someone who you can usually find curled up on the couch on a Friday night instead of out on the town, then you have a home lover if your life, and I have compiled a list of great gifts just for them! PS; This was going to be the last instalment of my gift guide but I have had so much fun with it that I am going to be doing 1 more next week, so I hope you will check back for the (serious this time) final instalment!
1. Diptyque Orange Chai Candle- $35.75: What could be more merry and bright than the new 2013 holiday collection from Diptyque? The Orange Chai Candle and it’s packaging inspired the colors for this gift guide and will hopefully inspire your loved ones interior this holiday season. When it comes to this Diptyque candle, who says Christmas has to be red and green?
2. Pink Agate Ornaments- $6.70/each: An ornament that will keep your home lover grounded (literally). These fun, pink agate rock ornaments will brighten up their Christmas tree in no time!
3. Gilded Snowball Bottle Opener- $12.72: The person who enjoys spending time at home probably enjoys having a drink or two in the evening. Make opening any bottle glamorous with this sparkly bottle opener!
4. Gold Wall Letters- $14.50/each: I am all about personalizing your home in unique ways! These gold initials would look great mixed in with already there frames on a wall, or leaning against a mantle. Either way, the gold or silver options they come in are sure to make the home lover in your life happy you though of them on a personal level!
5. All is Calm all is Bright Pillow Cover-$41.08 & Metallic Gold Pillow- $35.70: Cozying up at the end of the day to comfy pillows is the best feeling, isn’t it? This all is Calm all is bright pillow cover is perfect for doing just that while getting into the Christmas spirit! The metallic pillow will be sure to brighten up any room this holiday season, and all year round!
6. Gold Glitter Slippers- $73.14: Just like the metallic gold pillow that will brighten up any room, these sparklers will brighten up your feet! From the soft, plush lining to the bright gold shimmer, these are sure to be worn all throughout the cold winter months, with a cup of hot cocoa in hand!
7. Pink Paisley Pyjama Bottoms & Top- $30/each: Give the gift of rest and comfort this season with this adorable matching PJ set. A classic button down in a paisley print is the perfect gift for snowy nights that involve warm tea and movies.
8. Etched Firn Stemware- $19.08/each: The most Opulent and intricate glasses that your home lover will ever lay eyes on! These handblown glasses inspired by Russia’s famous Mariinsky Theatre will be a conversation starter for sure. And don’t be too surprised if the home lover in your life puts them out on display for years to come.
9. Luxury Striped Hand Towels- $9.99/each: A classic white towel with a fun striped print are perfect for the home lover who can always use some extra white towels. Especially if this home lover enjoys having people stay over during the holiday season!
10. Orange Striped Cosmetic Bag- $58.00: A fun and practical cosmetic bag From Kate Spade that is great for home and travel. This handy pouch is sure to find a permanent place of the bathroom countertop for those times when your home lover decides to take her fabulous self out on the town!