DO I NEED A RUG PAD?
Absolutely! Here are the top three reasons you should invest in a pad:
#1 Promotes longetivity of your rug
Walking across your rug crushes the fibers. Without a pad, foot traffic will quickly diminish the ability of the fibers to spring back after being stepped on, leading to permanent flattening.
#2 Keeps your rug in place
Foot traffic causes friction, which wears out the bottom of the rug. If your rug does not have any furniture on it, it’s especially important to use a pad to prevent slip and trip hazards as well.
A pad under your rug adds extra plushness, especially to thinner rugs. They also promote an extra sense of peace and quiet by reducing the sound of your footfalls.
Things to consider when choosing your pad:
- Our pads can’t be used outdoors or on vinyl, heated, lacquered, acrylic, or unsealed surfaces.
- While our rug pads are safe for use on most other hard surfaces, double check with your floor manufacturer first. Padding can damage imcompatible flooring.
- Pads should be about 1" smaller on all sides than your rug. Our pads are already pre-cut for you! Just click the recommended size that appears after you choose a rug. Larger pads can easily be cut down.
WHAT SIZE SHOULD I SELECT FOR MY ROOM?
Choosing the right rug size for your living room, dining room, or bedroom is just as important as picking patterns and colors. The size and shape you select can really define your living space. Size selections should be based not just on the size of your room, but the room's configuration as well.
For smaller areas we recommend a 5’ x 8’ - 6’ x 9’. The front of the rug should rest a few inches in front of your sofa. It is also acceptable to situate your sofa and arm chairs so that only the front legs rest on the rug. If you are placing the rug under a coffee table, make sure that it can accommodate all four legs of the table.
Larger rooms typically require a rug that is between 8’ x 10’ - 9’ x 12’. Place the front legs of the sofa on top of the rug. If you prefer all four legs may also rest completely on the rug surface. Leaving a space of 18"-24" on all sides of the rug will create a border to frame your living space.
If your current set up features furniture floating in the center of the room, we recommend at least a 9’ x 12’. An equal amount of floor space (between 12" - 18") should be left on all sides if possible. All furniture should sit completely on the rug surface without looking cramped.
Pick a rug that is large enough to hold all chair legs, even when they are pulled out from under your table (at least an 8’ x 10’). Common shapes used in the dining area are either rectangular or round rugs.
Lay the rug down so that the longer side is parallel to your headboard. Place the front legs of the bed on top of the rug, making sure the floor is visible on all sides. The foot of the bed should rest at a point halfway across the rug.
Place all furniture on top of the rug. Alternatively, you may situate the rug so that the head of the bed and nightstands remain on the floor. As a rule of thumb, about 20" of space should be left on either side of the bed. An 8’ x 10’ is the best option for this set up.
Textures B01 Braided Rug
Returns Accepted Within 14 Days of Delivery.
Items eligible for return must be:
- Sent to us within 14 days of the delivery date of your order (unless the item detail page says otherwise)
- Sent to us in the same condition that it was delivered to you.
For our full return policy and details click here
- Style Number: 200CB01
- Collection: Textures
- Brand: Rugs USA
- Material: 100% Wool
- Weave: Braided
- Styles: Solid & Striped, Contemporary Rugs, Best Sellers, Casual Rugs, Braided
- Origin: India
- Returns: Returns Accepted Within 14 Days of Delivery.
- Cancellations: Online orders can be modified or canceled within 24 hours of placing the order. Because we may begin processing your order immediately, it may not be possible to modify or cancel existing orders even within 24 hours of placement.
Vacuum regularly as new wool rugs can shed yarn fibers for up to three months. Avoid direct and continuous exposure to sunlight. Do not pull loose ends, clip them with scissors to remove. Clean liquid spills immediately by blotting with cloth or sponge. For hard to remove stains, professional rug cleaning is recommended.
Please Note: The images we display have the most accurate color possible. Due to differences in computer monitors, we cannot be responsible for variations in color between the actual product and your screen. Please be advised that in some cases patterns and colors may vary according to size. Lengths and widths may vary from the published dimensions. We do our best to provide you with an accurate measurement, but please be advised that some variation exists and this is not a manufacturing defect.
Click to sign up for an extra 10% off.